Friday, April 17, 2009

2. Take your time.

We thought we were ahead of the game by looking on the Web for homes. But every house we found online that we really liked was snatched up before we had a chance to go to Kentucky to check them out. I started to worry that if we didn't move fast enough, all the "good" houses would be gone.

By the time we actually went to Kentucky to look at homes, we had only two months before my husband had to start his new job. I was determined to find something — anything. My husband, the levelheaded one, urged me not to rush. Did I listen? No. As a result we settled for a house that had only a few of the things I wanted and many of the things I didn't want.

In retrospect, I realize homes constantly come on (and off) the market. You might not find your dream home, but you don't have to settle for any old house just because you feel under the gun to buy something. Consider renting to give yourself time to find the right home.

No comments:

Post a Comment